Blackwell Encyclopedia of Sociology Online
Edited by George Ritzer, University of Maryland
The Blackwell Encyclopedia of Sociology Online provides an innovative resource for the academic community in sociology. Updated three times a year with new material, this vast online library gives instant access to the most authoritative and up-to-date scholarship in the field.
This ground-breaking project is available on the Blackwell Reference Online platform and provides users with powerful searching and browsing capabilities, making it easy to locate the information that you need in seconds.
Start browsing now; the first 250 words of all articles are available free. To gain access to the full encyclopedia, your library will need to subscribe so recommend to your library today! Simply click here to open up a Library Recommendation Form, enter ISBN 9781405165518 in the relevant field and fill in the rest of the form.
- Up-to-date: New and updated material added three times a year
- Specially commissioned entries: Written and edited by an international team of the world's best scholars and teachers
- Comprehensive: Over 1,800 entries of clear, concise, expert definitions, and explanations of the key concepts
- Wide-ranging: Entries range from short definitions of key terms to extended explorations of major topics
- Continuous access: 24/7 access to the most authoritative and up-to-date scholarship in the field of sociology
- Easy-to-use: Extensive cross-referencing and Open URL linking
- Invaluable: Includes a timeline of 600+ key events in the history of sociology
- Easy access for your library: Unlimited, self administered access; industry standard usage reports; MARC records support; and flexible purchase/subscription options